Sunday, March 20, 2005

Thank You

This is delayed, but as the cliche expression goes, it's better late than never.

First, I would like to thank all those who voted in UP Manila last 4 March 2005, allowing the incoming University Student Council an established mandate (55% of the total student population voted). Together we have disproven claims that the Health Sciences Campus is apathetic.

Second, I'm grateful for all who believe in my candidacy; it is by your trust and confidence through your vote that I draw my strength to move the UP Manila student body forward. My apologies go out to those whom I was not able to campaign (room-to-room) to during the Election Period. I accept the implied challenge that I should deliver moreso to your areas of the student body.

Third, I appreciate very much the perseverance, sacrifice, and dedication that my partymates in the Iskolar Student Alliance manifested. In spite of all the challenges and political maneuvering that we encountered, the party's resilience and flexibility carried us all. May you always be there to remind us elected officials of the promises we made, the duties we listed in our platforms.

And most importantly, I thank God for his graces, goodness and mercy. Thy will be done, through the collective voice of your people.

In all honesty, I am not used to politics (the handshaking and all that), which is why I squirm at the thought of publishing lengthy thank you letters and speeches, etc. I prefer that the student body patiently be at my side as we go through the year ahead, and then judge me and my council at the end of the term. Only then, after I have proven myself worthy of my election, shall I lengthily say thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home